amitamin® fertil F phase 1 and phase 2 compared
If you compare amitamin® fertil F phase 1 and phase 2, you will probably ask yourself:
- Can I start with amitamin® fertil F phase 2 and take it already to prepare for pregnancy?
- I am on a vegan diet and I like amitamin® fertil F phase 1, but phase 2 contains omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil. Shall I stop taking amitamin® phase 1 after three months of pregnancy? What can I do?
Main similarities of amitamin® fertil F phase 1 and phase 2
Before we explain the differences, let´s take a look at the main similarities of both products:
- Both products, phae 1 and phase 2, contain the special bioactive folate Quatrefolic® and folic acid.
- Both contain an extensive blend of important vitamins: Vitamin A from beta-carotene, vitamin D3, vitamin C, vitamin E, the B-vitamins B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, pantothenic acid and biotin. And of course folate.
- Both contain important trace elements: iron, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese and iodium.
- Both contain the minerals calcium and magnesium.
Both, amitamin® fertil F phase 1 as well as phase 2, are recommended during preconception, pregnancy and lactation
The key ingredients and dosages of both products are highly beneficial throughout the three phases of preconception, pregnancy until the end of lactation. Either product is therefore appropriate and beneficial over the entire time.
For specific reasons, however, we recommend taking amitamin® fertil f phase 1 during preconception and until the end of the firs trimester of pregnancy.
Similarly, we recommend switching to amitamin® fertil F phase 2 around the 12th week of your pregnancy.
This is why amitamin® fertil F phase 1 is optimal during preconception and early pregnancy
These are the reasons why you should take amitamin® fertil F phase 1 as preconception vitamins and during early pregnancy:
- Just one capsules a day – and still the optimal dosage of bioactive folate Quatrefolic® plus folic acid. A total of 21 micronutrients in an easy-to-take blend, developed for women in their preconceptional phase. A very simple intake, economic and yet extensive formula with balanced dosage.
- 800 µg total folate (Quatrefolic® and folic acid) are optimal to ensure that a healthy folate level in the blood can be reached soon. Studies show that it usually takes too long to reach adequate folate levels in the body when you only take 400µg a day. A healthy folage level is especially important during the very first weeks of pregnancy. When you start taking a folate supplement once you know you are pregnant, it´s already too late: the risk of neural tube defects in the unborn can only be managed when folate levels are high during week 2 to 4. At that time women doesn´t even realize that they are pregnant. Therefore: start taking a folate supplement right when you discontinue contraception!
- The nutritional requirements during preconception and early pregnancy are not as high as during second and third trimester and lactation. This applies for all micronutrients, except for folate. This is why we managed to put all important vitamins, trace elements and minderals calcium and magnesium in just 1 capsule a day.
- The special charachteristics of the essential omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA are not that important during preconception and first weeks of pregnancy. amitamin® phase 1 also matches the requirements of a strict vegan diet.
- amitamin® fertil F phase 1 is not just very easy in intake, but it´s very economic as well! Check out yourself – we ship free to many place in the EU!
This is why amitamin® fertil F phase 2 is optimal from 13th week on
These are the reasons for switing to amitamin® fertil F phase 2 around week 12:
- Nutritional requirements are changing and increasing. Therefore, amitamin® fertil F phase 2 has higher dosages of many micro nutrients and an even more complex formula.
- 600 µg total folate (Quatrefolic® and folic acid) is the right amount to maintain a good folate level.
- Essential omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA are very important now. DHA (taken at least 200 mg a day) contribute to healthy development of brain and eyes of the unborn, if taken from week 13 onwards. By the way: DHA cannot be replaced by other plant based omega-3 fatty acids. Plant based omega-3 fatty acids are healthy in general, but they cannot replace DHA and it´s specific benefits.
- amitamin® fertil F phase 2 is a very complete premium pregnancy formula – and still economic. Starting 19,95 € per pack for one month and shipping free to many countries in the EU. Quality from Germany, really economic.
Back to the questions from the beginning
I live a vegan diet – what do you recommend?
If you prefer a vegan diet, you might want to avoid fish oil capsules from bovine gelatine and the fish oil that are part of the amitamin® fertil F phase 2 formula. You have two alternatives:
- Continue taking one capsules a day of amitamin® fertil F phase 1 , during the entire pregnancy and until end of lactation. The formula is not 100% optimised for this stage, i.e. because it lacks essential fatty acids DHA. But it still provides a very good amount of vitamins, trace elements and minerals with an elevated need during pregnancy and lactation.
- Alternatively, take amitamin® fertil F phase 2 and take only the dry capsules, not the fish oil capsules. The dry capsules are only from vegan sources.
I want to start taking omega-3 DHA and EPA already before pregnancy
amitamin® fertil F phase 2 then should be your choice from the beginning on. Start taking it as early as you can, to build up a good folate level in your blood. The total amount of folate is 25% lower than in phase 1, but still 600 µg total folate from bioactive Quatrefolic® and folic acid.
Compaison of ingredients and dosages: amitamin® fertil F phase 1 vs. phase 2
This post is also available in: German